The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

68HTA oil feed set up

Gtpdz

Just curious guys who run 68HTA, what is your oil feed set up? I know the FP website recommend running from OFH, do you need any restrictor? Thanks...

turbowop

If it's anything like the old green and red that had monster thrust bearing, it will want lots of oil. So running from the OFH with no restrictor is preferred. Being journal bearing, it can handle the flow. That's how I ran my old FPgrren anyway.

GSTwithPSI

Quoting Gtpdz:
Just curious guys who run 68HTA, what is your oil feed set up? I know the FP website recommend running from OFH, do you need any restrictor? Thanks...

Did you not get my PM?

click

Last edited:

swe_gvr4_1991

I run my 68HTA from the stock oil feed in the head. No ill effects. Been running it like that for years now. I have a FP oil feed lying on a shelf. Might try it out some day.

GSTwithPSI

Quoting swe_gvr4_1991:
I run my 68HTA from the stock oil feed in the head. No ill effects. Been running it like that for years now. I have a FP oil feed lying on a shelf. Might try it out some day.

That's the old TD05H version, so I'd guess that's how you can get away with oiling it like a 16G.

swe_gvr4_1991

I can do the math on that if needed. Since this log was pulled using speed density you can only do a estimation of airflow. If a MAF were connected you could measure airflow directly.
This graphs also stops well before the max rev and therefore you cannot estimate the max airflow of the 68HTA from it.

But if we would like to estimate the bhp at 3600 rpm @ 30 psi we get:
1 * 3600 = 3600 liters/minute / 60 = 60 * 3 = 180 liters/second * 1.22 = 219.6 grams/second × 60 / 1000 = 13.176 kg/minute * 2.204 = 29 lbs/min * 10.5 = 304 bhp @ 100 VE uncompensated.
If we assume 80% VE then we get 244 bhp.
This is very close to the max claim of 51 lbs/min or 510ish bhp @ max rpm and VE.

Last edited:

swe_gvr4_1991

The 16G framed turbos should spool very quickly. If they don't there are a few possible reasons. One of the being the tune ofcourse, another is the routing of the intake tract, filter, IC, and piping.
I have a super short route for mine. It's not even a total length of 1 meter I think (3-ish feet). See picture: click
The piping does not have any hoses that can expand, just 2.5" steel piping, with couplers.

But as I mentined the tune makes a world of difference. I never achived this kind of response on a MAF and a E931 base code. It simply didn't want to go there.
And a very important thing that many racers forget to do is to go WOT. And by that I mean they go anything from 60-90 % throttle and consider it a WOT pull. It's simply not. You must stab it to 100% instantly. I know this sounds funny, we all go WOT right. I can say no in so many cases. Have had 100's of logs sent in to me where racers go WOT but only go to max 80-90% throttle. This reduces the VE drastically.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts