The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Resevoir after 4bolt install

rallyvr4

So i removed all the rear steer and put a 4 bolt rear diff in im curious what people are doing for the power steering resevoir once you take out the rear lines.

EMX5636

You can either cap them, or install a 1G DSM reservoir. If you're overseas and can't find one, I'm sure there is another Mitsu application that uses them, or try an N/A Galant etc.

thomcasey

Crushed the unused lines on the reservoir and welded them.

NateCrisman

DSM receiver is exactly the part you want. no "hack" required. it bolts right in to the same bracket and only has 2 ports. simple/cheap/no-brainer

marvinmadman

Just would need to address the cap level sensor setup.

slugsgomoo

I just capped mine since I wanted to keep the cap & sensor. Eventually I'll pull it, cut the ports off and weld them shut and repaint so it looks cleaner, but for now it's worked and no leaks for a long, long time (though not too many miles haha)

thomcasey

^^^This was my preferred method. Since I was able to have it cleaned and repainted, looks better than new and did not present a fire hazard during the welding. Then it looks stock

citymunky

Just get a 1g P/S reservoir. it only has 2 ports. I have a few laying around. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif PM

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts