The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Misfire under moderate to heavy boost, ticking when cold, and general ickiness

EfiniX

Car was sounding odd, like the exhaust note had changed. I got on the gas and had a fairly substantial misfire. The ticking I had attributed to lifters (even with the 2g's, there was always a slight tick), but it had gotten louder.

Protip: When torquing spark plugs, 4#'s is materially different than 14#'s.

(and yes, I should be doing hand-tight + 1/4 and this sort of thing doesn't happen, but damn it, I've got a torque wrench and I'm going to use it! ... incorrectly...)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tektic

# before it became so hip, use to be called a pound sign. Can't tell if troll or serious.

Should be foot pounds though

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts