The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

isc 106 failed how do i test when thier is no fpr solenoid or boost sel.

construct1

i have a 92 vr4 sent in the ecu to have ecm link installed and was told isc 106 driver failed when tested. they installed a new one and are sending ecu back soon
my question is how do i fix this dont want to burnout the new one once my ecu comes back.106 is the fuel pressure selenioid, and boost control sel. as well. neither one of these are on my car nor can i find the wires that used to control those bought it that way, finding this out once i found out 106 is overheating, their are some unpluged connectors by my booster which ones are the fpr and boost solenoid

i know pin 57 on the ecu controls the fpr sel. nightmare trying to find anything on the internet on this

what is the simple solution here. where is the wire diagram for this

swe_gvr4_1991

Easiest solution is to de-pin the ECU connector for those two solenoids since you don't have them anyway. If you ever need to use the outputs again you can re-pin the connector with flying leads.

GSTwithPSI

Nightmare finding what?

Did you see this thread: click

Wiring diagrams for days here: click

IC106 controls the BCS and FPS. You'll need to either trace both circuits for shorts to power, or as swe_gvr4 said, de-pin 57 and 105 at the ECU connector (which is the safest option).

DSM ECU pinout: click

How to de-pin the connector: click

Last edited:

construct1

thanks guys thats what i figured id end up doing since thier not used anyway
im not an electrical genuis, i can build motors all kinds of other stuff but i suck at
electrical, i have depined many cars before, changed a bunch crx from odb0 to obd1 depining most of the wire harnes

what i meant about nightmare was if you type in isc 106 google and here you get almost all info on the throttle body issues,
when i took my ecu out and looked at it there did not appear to be anything wrong inside car ran fine except my lumpy idel from cams
its when they tested it did it show that it was overheating.
so from what im reading with guys having a no start issue after driving a while once engine is hot the fps was there for this reason
to take vacum away from the fuel rail..to help start in hot conditions and altitude.

thanks for all the info guys

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts