The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Wire harness

mace

So I redid my wire harness cleaned it up and put some new plugs on it, I got it all back together and now I'm seeing some black smoke coming from the exhaust. Any idea's, I was thing maybe I mixed up the injector plug wires. Would that cause black smoke?

bradrs

Was it harder to start or running rougher aside from that?

Which connectors did you rewire, and where did you get the parts from? Did you rewire the ECT? If that is wrong, that'd probably make it run really rich.

tektic

If you think your running rich easiest first step is to log sensor output. Or you could check pin to pin for continuity. I hope you would have done that before you reinstalled the harness though.

mace

Sorry I've been out of town, but i got it running it turns out a few of the wires were unplugged in the cab i guess i just over looked, by the driver side fuse box and on the passenger side like right above the glove box. It's running better than it ever has i don't have problems anymore with it dying. it use to die when i would be coming to a stop if i left it in neutral to long without shifting down.redoing the harness is probably the best thing I've done to it so far. (And i have rebuilt the engine)

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts