The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Eprom ecu

tiburshok

Hi need your inputs, it happens i found a eprom ecu md169547 which came from jspec vr4. My current ecu was md128618. Will the md169547 work as replacement?do i need to swap wires? My plan in future is to install ecm link and tune my car. Is it ok too that the ecu was AT? And my car was manual? Thanks

tektic

This subject has been coverd, recently too. It will damage your abs pump. Other pins are not the same as well.

There doesn't look to be a knock board on the top ecu.

Last edited:

89Patches

Didn't realize you're in the Philippines. I never thought overseas models that were auto came with 450cc injectors with 13G turbos.

If it were me i'd use the ECU you picked up, if that chart you posted is correct.

tektic

After ecm link no. Your starting with a blank slate.

It looks like there are no knock sensor provisions on that ecu though.

swe_gvr4_1991

Both boards seem to have the IC102 board in them. If so you need to do some repopulation of the boards resistors, diodes, and jumpers.

AllanL

Quoting tektic:
This subject has been coverd, recently too. It will damage your abs pump. Other pins are not the same as well.

There doesn't look to be a knock board on the top ecu.

upper ECU is from a JD RVR, same ECU pin out as Evo123.

lower ECU is what is being referred to by the OP. knock board on lower left of ECU board...

just have it re-socketed and re-chipped by some of the guys from over there...

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned