The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1g hks hi power on the vr4?

Kibby

As far as ive read a 1g exhaust will fit the vr4 by relocating hangers and extending it. The hks is angled at the back and when i mocked it up it looked like it wasnt going to fit at all. Has anyone done this or seen it done? Ive already got it from a previous abandoned project and like the tone it had.

tektic

The cars share the same engine and the same front and rear subframes. There is more room in the middle and maybe a little on the back end of the Galant. The bends shoud make the transition between straight and get you passed the rear diff to the opposite side of the car.

I used a press bent 1g 3" but had to move the hangers and cut and reposition the angle of the exhaust can. The front half I cut to fit a different 1g down pipe ment to be catless. So I was able to made up the difference in length that way.

Last edited:

Kibby

I have the cmp downpipe and 3" cat. Cops in my area get cocky somtimes and its not worth the ticket for a few extra hp. Atm im cleaning the underbody to repair some rust. Once i get it fixed ill cut off the hangers and probably the flanges to mock it up.

tektic

It might be a little short . I think one of the rear hangers is in the right position... Don't recall exactly.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned