The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Headlights , marker and dash lights ???

kerry92gvr4

Anyone ever have all their headlights and dash lights go out on them randomly. I could turn them off and back on and they would come on for a few seconds and them shut off again and then after a few minutes just not come on at all. If I pull back and hold the headlight switch it they will all come on, but shut back off after I let go of it. I'm leaning towards headlight switch, but could it have been my cheap hid kit that messed up my switch? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

fuel

Check the plug that comes off the combination stalk switches under the steering column - I had a couple terminals melt on mine that caused intermittent issues like yours. Luckily the melted terminals were mostly on the stalk side of the wiring loom so got away with just swapping out another stalk.

kerry92gvr4

thank you, I will look into that. It did it the night I posted and the once since then. Other than that they work just fine.

r4pt0x

IIRC the light switch on the galant is fused by the 10A fuse labeled as "horn" - so you might check on that circuit too, as it powers *most* control circuits for relays switched by the clumn switches.
Had this fuse failing at my old lancer C60 and *most* things controled by the column switches did not work correctly (including nearly all lights...) - took me a while to figure this out as the circuit diagrams slightly obscure the fact that this fuse is also involved in the lightning circuits.

BTW - fuses might look OK and a multimeter might indicate 0 ohms resistance (=OK), but they can still fail as soon as a higher (than from the multimeter) current flows through them and/or they heat up due to that current - so when in doubt, just replace it and save yourslef from hours of trouble-shooting random failures...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned