The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

brake line leaking

vr4hotness

Well drove the car today everything is fine and great, I turn up the block to my house brake pedal goes all the way to the floor,

I look under the car and the 4 line on the driver side looks like they are leaking
Picture attached.

How do I fix this?

ercp98

i used the following parts. you can fix it up to where the leak or to the brake bias splitter.
be careful too because the two other lines might be crusty and its for fuel.

you will also need an inverted flare tool.

Last edited:

ercp98

yes, thats the tool i used. just cut the line up to where it is still solid. then used the coupling and start from there to replace the brake line all the way
to the caliper. if you have more time, i suggest replacing the complete break line from the splitter on the firewall to the back caliper.

transparentdsm

Quoting vr4hotness:
Awesome man.

So do I just cut that line?

pipe cutter
img.php

vr4hotness

Thanks a lot guys, gonna go to O'Riley's and get the parts since I'm off tomorrow, I can do the job.

You guys are awesome

idreamidrive

I see you are in CA. When I was doing the mechanic thing in the midwest, it was very common to pop the rest of the lines after repairing a line. It didn't happen every time, but be prepared for this.. Fix line, pop another, fix that one, pop another... and so on.

vr4hotness

OK, I had to order all the parts online so will be here early next week I have 2 questions

1.how the heck to I cut the line since there so tight together?

2.and do I just flare the OEM line correct?

Sorry big noon with this

idreamidrive

Pop the line out of the clips and then cut it. Make sure you don't put the coupler where the line needs to clip in.

Cut the OE line where there is clean line, inspect the whole line too just so you don't have to do double the work down the road.
Put fitting on the line. Do not forget to do this part.
Flare line.
Connect coupler to fitting.
Run line from coupler to rear brake.
Put fittings on line.
Flare ends.
Screw in fittings.
Bleed brakes starting at rear and then do fronts.

Struc

Save yourself the headache of having to fix later. Replace the line all the way from the prop valve to the rear for both of them. Might want to pick up a roll of larger diameter fuel line and do the feed and return gas lines at the same time while you're at it. I did all 4 of mine at the same time because none of them looked to be in great condition.

Coltsfan

Third it.^^^^

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned