The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Tuning WOT timing and I noticed something interesting elsewhere in the map...

EfiniX

There's this one part of the timing map where the timing dips a few degrees before scaling up again. It's at 2500rpm's at a 1.4 load factor. The minor drop is on both the stock 2g timing map, as well as the timing map that the guys at English Racing setup on my car. Anyone know what is going on at this particular point in acceleration that would be cause for the timing retard?

stock 2g

my map

prove_it

I need your datalog. I wanna see how the tracking box moves through the map. You might not even be using those cells at all.

Or

Could be there for spool up. No way to know for sure without a corresponding datalog.

EfiniX

That was my first thought as well.... Of course if that is the reason, it goes out the window with a bigger turbo...

prove_it

Yea, it is kinda low in the RPMs so could just be unused cells. I'm pretty anal on my maps, so I edit those odd parts to look nice even if the car never uses them.

EfiniX

hmm. An anal timing map doesn't seem like it would be the best. You might leave skid marks on the pavement, but more than likely, it would just blow up in your face.

Thanks, folks. You've been a great audience. I'll be here all week.

prove_it

ba dun disss....

You must have been bored. lol

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned