The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Coolant leak and Coolant temp range

Gtpdz

Newbie here... currently my car have a small leak at the banjo bolt at the water line on the turbo, and right now my engine runs a bit on the hot side, 215 - 219 during idle after get off the highway. Just wonder if I have leak in the cooling system will it induce a hot coolant temp? Will fix it anyway but just curious if it's the cause of running hot?

Also What's the temperature range for the temp gauge on the cluster? When I'm seeing 215 on my log the temp gauge stays a tiny little bit on the right side from the center.

Last edited:

prove_it

Temps are normal for the GVR4. The leak is not. The more it leaks the more likely it will overheat though.

Gtpdz

Thanks, right now I just keep the coolant top off every time before I get it fixed. Just wonder if there's a leak it won't suck coolant from overflow tank right?

prove_it

It still can, might not fully though.

Gtpdz

Got you, also wonder does the GVR4 have a oil temp sensor? I hooked up the log with MMCD and I see a number from OILT, I wonder if it's that?

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Oil pressure switch to denote the low pressure in the system, something like

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts