The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

3 Bolt Ring & Pinion

89Patches

Probably a stupid question but here it goes!

Is the ring & pinion gears out of a 3 bolt diff the same as a 4 bolt? My car already had a 4 bolt rear end installed when I bought it, But I am going to be building my spare diff with a Evo rear LSD unit that I don't have the gears for and Will be selling my current setup.

There's a Talon at the local scrap yard that I was going to harvest the ring & pinion but it's a 3 bolt. Just wanted to know if they're the same so I am not wasting my time.

EHmotorsports

Yes just keep auto gearing with auto and manual to manual. also keep the ring and pinions together they are a matched set.

Last edited:

89Patches

Sweet! Just wasn't sure as I have never seen a 3 bolt diff before! Also 2G's use the same ring & pinion as a 1G right? Just wondering...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned