The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ofh turbo line near sub frame

tektic

I have 90 ofh with a 3/8 bsp 90 to 4an fitting feeding my turbo and it works great. The only problem is that it is very close to the front cross member. Anyone have issues with contact? I'd hate for the motion of the engine to crack the ofh. I was thinking of using a banjo bolt here but I'd have to retap it.

Last edited:

Wookalar

Can't really offer advice without seeing it. Maybe a 45 or 90* fitting would work. And/or get poly front and rear mounts to eliminate engine rocking under accel/deccel.

EHmotorsports

I have a 45 from housing to turbo feed and have plenty of room.

EMX5636

All the OFH fed setup's I've installed I used a 90* fitting. But a 45* would work as well. Just depends how you want to run the line.

tektic

I had everything set and working but with the 90 fitting there was less than an inch between it and the side crossmember.

This was after I swapped in 195 rear and 344 front engine brackets. Before when I was using the auto brackets clearence wasn't an issue. If this isn't a common thing i'm thinking the engine is still not in the right spot. I just don't know why.

Last edited:

EMX5636

The only thing I can think of trying, is put it in the upper hole (where you have the brass plug) and run an inline filter. I think that's how I did it last on a 90 housing. Sorry, it's been a while. I have one here, but never got it installed.

Actually, it looks like the line is close to the crossmember, not the fitting. If so, can you rotate the fitting 90* to point under the oil filter? That might give you more clearance as well.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned