The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Quick release injector plugs

G

Staff member
Who was the guy here that sold these? Have you seen this type before?

IMG_3814.jpg

IMG_3819.jpg

IMG_3820.jpg

I'm wondering if this is an OE part and for what car?

89Mirageman

I believe those came from some of the older intrepids. Pretty sure the Mitsu ones are gray/black where those are orange/black.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Are those different than the 2g type? They look very similar to me. 2g is what I used on my cars.

89Mirageman

The black connector itself is identical between the two. On the Mitsu one the top plastic piece sticks out further and is grey in color. The other one sits flush and is orange. The rubber piece at the bottom that seals it off seems to be orange on both.

Last edited:

mitsuturbo

I have a set of those on my car. I pulled them off of a 7g at the junkyard. Same car i got my 4 rib PS pump and pulley off of.
They're not hard to come by.

boostx

Another option you have for them is the GM fuel injector electrical connector

transparentdsm

Quoting 89Mirageman:
The black connector itself is identical between the two. On the Mitsu one the top plastic piece sticks out further and is grey in color. The other one sits flush and is orange. The rubber piece at the bottom that seals it off seems to be orange on both.

i pulled a few sets off a dodge 1500 ram and a town and country mini-van. just go to a junk yard and look for them really easy to find

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
G's picture is missing that outer gray wire guide, so thanks for the other photos Chris.

G

Staff member
Hmm, I wonder if that will be a problem. I found a source for these nib from jp.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
With terminal pins and seals, or just the connector bodies?

You really need all the components to do a correct installation. Having said that, you can successfully insert the 1g/VR4 style terminal pins into these bodies (not cutting the wires obviously) to retrofit them.

G

Staff member
With everything pre-made. I'll post some pics.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Well, not really. We've been through this before. A properly crimped terminal is actually better than a solder joint (especially in a flexed area).

JNR

Problem is, many people use those cheap multi-purpose stripper/crimper tools for the connectors and wonder why they don't work right...never use those stupid scotch-lok connectors, either. Those things suck other than convenience....need a good tool and then the crimped connectors work pretty well. If you want extra insurance, you could always solder also, but done properly, the wire will break before the connector can be pulled off!

turbowop

Scotchloks are great...for communication wiring. I use them all the time for work. Not sure why anybody would use them for automotive use as that's not what they're made for.

JNR

^^^You'd be surprised at what people use on cars /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif but yes, they have their purpose and definitely not a good idea on a car....Stereo installers like to use them (although perhaps not as much nowadays with the harness adapters they have) and have seen people use them to splice in for aftermarket instrument lighting. Neither are the best idea of course, but a couple places I've seen them done on more than a few occasions. I don't do that and if I see it on a PO car, I'd correct it, but just saying...

manikbastrd

Scotch locks, or Vampire clips as I like to call them are never a great idea, but they can be useful in a pinch. I like to solder when possible, and use some nice crimps with heat shrink as part of the covering otherwise.

Last edited:

92_talon_awd

I went to the junkyard the other day and grabbed 12 of these, enough for both galants and the mighty max. Sick of those stupid little clips

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts