The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

DSMLink for JDM 91 GVR4

Hi Guys, does anyone know if ECMLink can upgrade or has any package for this car? What I am trying to do is to gain access to the factory setting/maps. I am not ready to go full standalone at the moment. All I know is DSMTuning can do it with a reasonable price. If you guys know any other options, I really appreciate if you could share your thought. Have a good one!

FlyingEagle

Staff member
If you have a dual board ECU, you cannot use DSMLink/ECMLink to control it.

You would have to install a GVR4/DSM 1G (Eprom ECU or get ECMLink to convert to Eprom) and do some re-wiring to make things match, and re-write code to control the Dual Runner manifold control circuit.

That is just the start of what you would have to do.

This is a newbie forum type of question, and will likely get more response in that section.

We're here to help, but it's a long road to figuring out the wiring, we can point you in the right direction.

Last edited:
Thank you for the great info, FlyingEagle. The ECU is a non-socketed EPROM. It needs to be socketed if I opt for this option. I am also looking at the FuelTech option, it looks fancier so does the price tag. There is much more work to be done here, again, thanks for your input and support.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
In that case, I believe you likely could use ECMLink after having the board socketed.

I have not heard of FuelTech, but more and more people/companies are turning up, as the market grows to find news ways to control the early Mitsu ECU's and their codings.

If you socket the ECU, then an Eprom chip could be burned to match your new hardware changes.

There is a guy that can burn chips with reliable code, that also has the permission from Jeff Oberholtzer to work on the original program language that was developed and sold under the DSMChips.com banner. Alternatively, you have to go standalone chip interface link ECMLink and use either a MAF or speed density setup.

There is however one other setup that is emerging, and that is SwedeDensity. Kaxlon.com and he is a member here too. Very interesting self tune setup he is developing.

You have options ....

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned