The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1g rear differential internal parts compatibility

GTX

Hi guys,

I wonder if anyone knows what would be parts compatibility list for the rear open diff for 1g. Mine is going bad, most likely I have to change spider gears. What are my options? On the other hand I'd prefer LSD if anyone selling

Thanks,
A

EMX5636

Rear diff parts and assemblies from the 3-bolt are the same between DSM and Galant VR4. DSM 4-bolt diffs/axles/outer cups can be installed as an upgrade. If you still have, and want to retain, 4ws, then you need to use the diff case and differential housing with the gear from the Galant.

GTX

Thanks guys! Very useful info! I was able to source the 3-bolt VR4 complete diff. Did not have a chance to install it yet. Look forward to it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts