The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

engine mounts

gaylantvr4

i am looking for a set of mounts that dosnt rattle the dash apart. What otions are out their? The avid 60 durameter seem like the best i am going to get but are sold out everywhere

matt92vr4

I have the Prothane front and rears on my DD with no balance shafts. Dashboard does not shake.

strokin4dr

Quoting matt92vr4:
I have the Prothane front and rears on my DD with no balance shafts. Dashboard does not shake.

I have the same inserts with no balance shafts, forged internals, and 272 cams. There is a little bit of vibration but not bad at all. The most annoying this is my passenger hood hinge vibrates at a certain rpm. I'll get around to replacing it one of these days! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

manikbastrd

I have prothanes all the way around, and my hood rattles, my grille rattles, but my dash does not. I have them cranked down nice and tight and put a few minutes into adjusting the hood and grille, and thus far its not too bad. Bottom line is if you don't want any rattling, then deal with a sloppy motor mount setup. Another option is filling your mounts up with a stiffener. I know there are a lot of guys that run silicone in theirs to get more stiffness without harshness.

SouthCaliVR4

^^Use 3m window weld not silicone. it's liquid urethane & works very well. I have the Avids myself but my epic build is far from done so I can't say on rattles.

dsmless

I have just the fwd and aft poly mounts, the other side ones are stock but filled with the cheap black silicone you can buy at auto parts stores. Its pretty tame with my setup, i do get a whole car rattle at idle at or under 800 rpm. I have my idle set at 1000. I have comp cams 101300 so it plays a part.
I had all 4 poly mounts at one time and it was just a rattle fest that would annoy and piss yoi off.
I am seriously thinking of filling the other two mounts too see how they do as the silicone/rtv is soft but does not give it to much play.

Bottom line, if your cool with some vibration, then go for it. If your conserned about it then dont do it. As I got older I started carring about more comforts soniys all in the OP's decision.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned