The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

JDM MAF

G

Staff member
Does anyone know if the JDM RS maf is any different compared to the USDM maf? As far as potential power gain?

tektic

It's not going to be much if any different that any other Galant maf.
If you Can you get a part number or maf number, I could get the maf comp map for you if you want to try it.

IMHO go with a 2g or evo8 maf. no real difference will be reaped from a jdm maf but could be used in a pinch with programming.

G

Staff member
Well I already have one, need to go check the numbers on it.

MX4

If it is the MAF that came on the facelift RS (with 510cc injectors blah blah) then yes, it is different.

tektic

If you need to use it I can probably find the comp table for you, but expect no gain. It just measures air after all.

prove_it

But it's JDM yo....

ktmrider

Quoting tektic:
If you need to use it I can probably find the comp table for you, but expect no gain. It just measures air after all.

So does a 1g MAF, 2g MAF, etc. So why use the "newer" models like suggested in your first post?!? Yeah for the reason OP asked, possible high(er) flow capacity.

G

Staff member
I had a chance to take a look at 2 of them over the weekend. JDM RS and 1g dsm. Did not get a chance to look at a usdm vr4 unit yet. 1st one is RS second one is dsm.

jdm_rs.jpg

dsm_maf.jpg

Last edited:

tektic

The newer models have 10+ years depending in r&d and upgrades. If your going to swap maf for maf there is no reason not to use an evo 8 399 varient besides cost or availablity. Its the best one they made.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned