The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

COOLANT LEAK/HAS ANYONE ELSE RAN INTO THIS

chop91vr4

I did the FIAV bypass rerouted the coolant lines and screwed in the FIAV all the way, well ever since I did that it seems that it increased the coolant pressure to wear I'm now fighting the top of the lower coolant hose leaking where it goes to the motor, so I replaced the hose and cleand the contacting points and put a new clamp and still once it gets upto temp before the fan kicks in it starts to seap from the top of the hose past the clamp and I have that damn thing cranked down tight. CAN ANYONE HELP????? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

prove_it

The pipe might have rust on it. Try cleaning the pipe up first.

coyotes

make sure the clamp and the hose are past the lip on the pipe and are lined up perpendicular, not cut sloppy or anything.

prove_it

Also, heavy duty hose clamps are far more betterer. You could be tightening the clamp but it's just slipping on the worm gear.

I would call wherever you bought the parts from and blame them. Gotta be their fault. (joking)

tektic

I replaced just about everything. I welded my fiav line closed. I have coolent leaking from a few places. I think I bought a faulty rad cap though. It should really be going into the overflow shouldn't it?

prove_it

The cap only vents under excessive pressure, the vent does go to the coolant bottle. If you can get a pressure tester on the system, that would really help. Otherwise it's possible you overtightened the clamps, or possibly when you removed the old hose you accidentally bent the pipe out of round.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts