The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ODB Plug has no power

EgonOlsen

Yesterday I finally got my ECMLink package. Was so exited.

Went out and just got no connection error. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Should have known it was too easy.

Did some readings on the plug. pin 1 pulses as it should. pin 12 is ground but there is no voltage on pin 10.

So is there a fuse connected to that I can change?

If not, where can I draw power from?

I have a spare plug. if I want to install that 1 at the Ecu, what pin do I draw power from there?

Hope someone can help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

rgeier11

You will have to back probe at the ECU to see if there is around 4.5V coming out of it.

You will need to measure voltage at pin 2 of the large connector (of the three ECU connectors).

See this chart
click

Edit, just saw that you live in denmark. I don't have wiring diagrams for their ECUs.

Last edited:

EgonOlsen

You seem to misunderstand. Pin 2 on the ecu is the diag port. thats = pin 1 on the ODB, that is working. Its the flat 4.5 volt on pin 10 of the odb plug thats not working. thats afaik NOT pin 2 on the ecu?

And its a US VR4 so.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Edit: Hmm maybe I misunderstood :p

Plug ECU
pin1 pin1
pin10 pin2
pin12 ground

Is that correct?

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned