The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Who runs HUD?

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Saw this and thought, the integration of speed sensor info to a screen has just gone next level. Old news but ...

click

How could you get into this at the entry level without owning a google glass and related apps?

I know there are big ticket aftermarket HUDs and integrated gauge setups, but what about a simple, display on the windshield HUD designed to work on our Mitsu electricals?

I'm aware that some windscreens show better with glass designed for HUDS, but not withstanding that ...

Discuss. Please.

EMX5636

I'd have to look back into it again, but back when I was Pontiac/GM guy, there were a lot of guys adapting the HUD from the Grand Prix into others. Not sure if it's able to be used in a Mitsu, but it's cheap enough to look into maybe?

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Yes, that was my first clue in, for HUD's the early Pontiac stuff.

Saw this OBDII standalone unit, albeit tapped into the OBDII port:

click

I'm seeing that you need a film to keep the laminated effect/double image, from coming about.

Maybe if it was a tiny box that mounts to the top of the cluster area, well, that may just defeat the purpose of keeping it out of sight or .....

Would love to have a display like the rally guys use, but I also like the needle-over-numbers approach because you see your accelertion factor, not something you can do with digital; it's more intuitive.

This is more an ideal way to check speed, because I have so many gauges, it makes it a bit of an issue focussing down in there, during high speed runs.

Glasses = more fail too.

Here's a representation of how to do it correctly, but albeit in the earlier stages for consumer relations.

Yet again, taps into the OBD port.

click

This is starting to look like a cluster .... change.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts