The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Who makes this spring kit?

Kenny_Kline

Trying to figure out who makes these springs. My guess is Manley.

They are dual springs with titanium retainers. Anyone have an idea? Anything I can check to find out?

I want to install GSC S2 cams and want to be sure they can handle them also needs specs on springs for installation purposes.

click

FlyingEagle

Staff member
You can set them up in a valve spring press that measures the tension at varying heights.

This way you can match springs in batches, assuming more than the minimum to install to one cylinder head.

Should be able to get the springs shimmed to create a proper/consist seat pressure also.

I can't tell you who makes the springs.

What RPM are you taking the motor to?

Stock EVO 8/9 beehive springs are good well past factory redline for an early 4g63 head, and you have dual springs.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned