The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

front inner CV boot

MegaSuiter

I have noticed that all inner CV axle cups are not perfectly round and have divits that fit to the boot. Mine on the other hand are perfectly round on the outside. I ordered a boot last week, confirmed it was for a galant vr4, but with no luck can I get this on. As I said most are shaped like a triangle sort of, where mine are round. Any idea? Did the last jackass switch them with some other Mitsubishi bullshit?!?!

MegaSuiter

Front DS inner. A guy just told me this is normal, but I have not seen one like it anywhere on the interweb.

EHmotorsports

You should check out rock auto and look at the pictures of the parts. You may have an outer cv boot and need the inner unit.

MegaSuiter

I just did. They do not show a picture of the inside of the boot...I was told aftermarket axles are have round cups like mine.

G

Staff member
Your og axles were probably swapped for autozone cheapies.

MegaSuiter

The inner shaft is different, not saying you don't know this, but I haven't seen an autoplace sell a cheap replacement for the inner, do they?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned