The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

No lift to shift...

gvr4144

I have the wire with my ecm link havent installed it yet im just wondering how many people run this and are there any woas or dislikes with it. Seems like it would be awesome and help performance.

Jesus_Negros

I used to have it and always forgot I did. So I never used it.

EMX5636

I have it but rarely use it on the street. At the track or practicing for it I do, but I have to usually think hard to not lift my throttle foot. Once you are used to it, it works great, esp with a larger turbo.

Of course now I don't use the clutch foot either at the track, so it's a complete new learning process.

diambo4life

Great feature if you have a decently sized turbo. Helps hammer the shifts while not completely falling out of boost.

prove_it

Will break more things if the driver mod isn't set-up well.

ghostinthevr4

Really I haven't heard or read about anyone breaking parts using this mod, if anything it saves your parts by bringing the rpm's down to where you set them. You would have to be a retard to break something while using it. Like said above it does take a little getting use too but once you got it down your golden it'll definately help you cut a couple tenths off your quarter if used right.

You just gotta get over that fear of breaking something, I bet everyone has that fear their first time using this mod.

diambo4life

Yup...especially when you have a crappy shifting trans...you can actually set the NLTS to a lower point where the trans can shift instead of trying to bang the gears at the higher rpm where it will not shift and risk breaking shift rail ends and shift forks or worse....It's a great mod.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts