The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

dsmlink injector adjustment

Kibby

I was reading the table as a guide and noticed it says its based on stock fuel pressure 1g AND 2g. Now I believe the 2g has more pressure. My question is does the dsmlink when switched from a 1g to the 2g maf compensate for the difference or does it still run fuel maps based on the 1g stock fpr? Maybe im over analyzing it but aside from tuning wouldnt the car run a little leaner with less fp on the base map?

Kibby

I know. What I asked is does the dsmlinks fuel map still run off the 1g fp or does it run on the 2g fp when switched to the 2g maf. I'd assume it would require less ID with a slightly higher pressure but im not sure.

turbowop

This may be a question better asked on the Link forums. But I would ASSume that the only thing changed is the airflow difference between mafs.

Either way, it's pretty close. If you make such a change you can just readjust fairly easily.

CutlassJim

Quoting Kibby:
I know. What I asked is does the dsmlinks fuel map still run off the 1g fp or does it run on the 2g fp when switched to the 2g maf. I'd assume it would require less ID with a slightly higher pressure but im not sure.

Is does? Wop answered your question exactly. Not sure what you are confused about.

prove_it

Yea, your English needs work, but I think your asking if you switch the tab for a 2g maf, does link still use the 1g fuel pressure? If that's what your saying, then no. The airflow and fuel adjustments are always separate. This is left to the tuner to make the proper adjustments.

Kibby

I dont need any work on my english!!! Its pretty simple. You have xxxcc injectors running the 1g fpr or the 2g fpr which is higher. The end result is if i was running the 2g fpr more fuel would be dumped if a 2g fpr is used on a 1g car 1g maf setting. Im going on the rule that increasing fp you get more out of an injector. Though the difference between the 1 and 2g is small I was wondering that when the injector gets to such a large size that the ecu will treat the injector as a 2g fpr setting and not a 1g. Therfore less ID would be used. So I guessthe question in better "english" would be should the 2g fpr be used when usng the 2g maf setting on the dsmlink? Like running 3 bar vs 4 bar fp

turbowop

Sure, you can use the 2g FPR, but you still have to do the correct injector/fuel pressure calculation under the fuel tab.

GSTwithPSI

What size injectors are you using? You shouldn't be using a 1g or a 2g FPR IMO, you should be using an AFPR so you can set and monitor your pressure at the rail.

Kibby

Rc550's.

Kibby

Walbro 255hp. stock 1g regulator. Also have not done the fuel pump rewire yet.

prove_it

Not if you wanna deal with fuel pressure overrun. The 2g is even worse for overrun. I hate tuning cars with stock FPRs. You can do it, but it's a PITA.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned