The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

rear upper spring seat question

tektic

So evo 8 springs have a smaller upper diameter than lower diameter. If I get a evo rubber upper seat will it fit in the gvr4 upper shock mount(are outer diameter of both rubber mounts the same), and then work properly with the smaller diameter evo spring? I'm trying to avoid buying evo hats. Rock auto has the whole rubber upper mount kit for $8 a side.

tektic

The piece all the way on the left.
getimage.php

This is the piece I'm wondering if it will be different or not. It fits inside the cup at the top.

Edit after looking at pics and part numbers it doesnt look like I can get away with just the rubber seat. The whole metal cup it sits in is much smaller on the evo.

Last edited:

prove_it

I ran evo springs with the GVR4 hats without any issues. I think I had used the EVO upper rubber.

tektic

I have a full evo 8 mount upper setup coming from Hawaii. Traded for some burnt eprom chips. Thanks GVR4kauai!

The Plan is to run the stock evo mr springs (225lb) rear with Ground Control coils (7" 250lb)in the front.

I'll be using DSM Gr2 front and rear. This setup is basically free because I have everything besides the top hats.
It should be fairly will matched albeit a little under dampened, but will give me a good idea as to how all the different components make the car feel change. From there I will decide if I want to spend on BC coil overs or just get some better struts. Who knows since I'm not planning on more than a 1" drop it might be fine with the stiffer springs and shorter dsm struts.

prove_it

I'm loving my evo 8 muellerized JIC's. They ride damn nice compared to the KYB's. The bumpy bump got old after 2 years.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned