The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Base tune for 16g, intake, and exhaust?

manikbastrd

Anyone feel like helping me out with a starting point for my tune on the G-car? I am terrible at tuning, and need an idea of where to start. I am on link v3. Either that, or, if someone on here is good with link and wants to check out my logs, I would appreciate it a lot. I am not sure if I am missing something which is giving me detonation or if I am getting detonation because something is wrong.
Thanks in advance!

EDIT: here is a google drive link with a few logs. Thanks! Google Drive

Last edited:

prove_it

I'd be happy to help.

What I ask for is an email with a datalog showing a cold start up, then idling until the fans come on.
Next datalog is a FULL 3rd gear pull. go wot at 2k and hold til redline.

You will need to set check engine light to come on if there is 3 degrees total knock. During the pull if the light comes on, let off and send that much.

I also ask you send a DETAILED list of mods done in the email. Every little thing counts.

Lets start there. Also you should have new plugs installed before doing this. And make sure you have no boost leaks, that makes it hard on me.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned