The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Unbalanced clutch disc?

Tommyd

So recently as I started driving 610 around more I would get an occasional bad vibration under all conditions, even idle. Its not all the time, and as soon as I push the clutch in it goes away. It seems like if I feather it out or let the clutch go at just the right time its fine, other times its not. I currently run a ACT 2600 pressure plate with a 6 puck unsprung clutch with a fidanza flywheel and everything has less than 1500 miles on it. Happen to anyone else before?

EHmotorsports

make sure you have all 4 bolts in the trans. There is one that is close to the Transfer case that is commonly missing.

Tommyd

I know that was is in because as I took it off for my throw out bearing install a few weeks the head broke off and had to get it out and find a new bolt. Checked the upper two and the bottom front one and they all seem fine, but if it that one backed out for whatever reason, could it really cause that bad of a vibration? Drove it around for 15 miles after work today, only happened twice, but even at idle it can be violent.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts