The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Clicking noise from behind dash

89Patches

So basically it will only make this "clicking" noise when I am in boost. Sounds like it's coming from the center of the dash board. Car still runs fine drives normally just really annoying. I am guessing a fuel relay?

Any help would be appreciated! Before I start really digging into it.

prove_it

Check your hood hinges. They can wear out and make noise while driving. Will sound like its inside the dash.

Jesus_Negros

Quoting 89Patches:
So basically it will only make this "clicking" noise when I am in boost. Sounds like it's coming from the center of the dash board. Car still runs fine drives normally just really annoying. I am guessing a fuel relay?

Any help would be appreciated! Before I start really digging into it.

My old GVR4 used to make a click noice once I went into boost. I used to think it was from behind the dash but it ended up being the ECU. I figured it out because eventually it would click then the car would lose all power. I took the ecu out and swapped it with a friends to test it and it didnt happen so I got mine rebuilt by an old DSM nerd who used to fiddle with Mitsubishi ECU's back in the 80's and 90's. I think my issue was a rare one, but just something to think about.

89Patches

Hmm. I do have a spare Ecu I could try.

Its a very rapid noise. To me it sounds like a relay clicking in and out. Definitely not hood hinges its coming from inside the car for sure.

gvr4ever

Does the clicking noise change with the engines RPMs, or is it always the same?

prove_it

Did they tell you what they did? Cause I wanna know. Hope it's not a fairy secret.

prove_it

hmm, not me...

I even searched it too.

prove_it

mahahhaaa. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned