The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

cruising missfire

bmxr152

Okay so lately my car developed a misfire while cruising with very light throttle, most noticeable at lower speeds and not in boost or over 30% throttle. it will just it for a split second then stop Air fuels are around 14.7 while it misses. Ive Ohmed out my wires and plugs are new. I checked the ecu and no blown caps. Nothing on the datalog looks funky as in jumping around or anything. I ohmed out my injectors also and they tested 2.3-2.6 and also a boost leak test came out good but im using SD anyways. Ive been having an idle surge issue so I checked the ISC and #4&5 were dead. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Lancer99

Sounds Kind of like what I had. For me it was my coil pack. One of them had corrosion, so I clean it out good and it was fine. Then a couple months later it started happening again so I ended up buying a new one. Mine too was for a split second but then it got worse, hope that helps out a little.

bmxr152

Yeah thats what i thought, but i found out after spending all day testing circuits and sensors that i mixed #3 and #4 ignjector plugs when i pulled my manifold to do the alternator relocation.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned