The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Drive shaft issue

dcbaker1313

I started to put together my vr4 this week and the drives shaft I got seems to be about 2 inches short of going completely into the tcase. It seems to be ok but after checking around it seems to be a dsm d/s was wondering if it would be ok to run it or do I def need to get one from a gvr4. Any help would be great thanks

MellowVR4

I don't think it'll be safe to run, Might leak all the fluid out.

prove_it

Will not work, you must use the GVR4 driveshaft.

Wookalar

Nevermind I read the title wrong. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Last edited:

losermakesgood

I recently snapped my front shaft. After doing extensive research I found that just the midshaft is longer. The rest is the same length. I ended up going with a dss anyway. Still have the midshaft if needed.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts