The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

npr piston w/floating pin?

BogusSVO

They look like NPR piston modded by NRP for clips.

Not a bad idea, but why hang cast pistons on H beams?

Half the price of forged pistons, for half the strength?

tektic

I considered it for these two reasons. used good condition aftermarket rods are all over, and I actually have a set of eagles sitting on the shelf. I wanted a 2g piston on my 1g rods but can't do my own machine work and pressing.

BogusSVO

I can understand the used H beam rout.

But with a 6 bolt H beam the wrist pin is still 21mm, so it would still have to be enlarged to 22mm and have new bushings.

But BC has a set of 6 bolt H beam rods with a 22mm wrist pin.

I like those and have been using them in several builds.

tektic

Oh I didn't measure the ones on the shelf but the eagles in my Galant are 22mm.

BogusSVO

So either you have 7 bolt rods in your 6 bolt engine with tons of rod side clearance, or someone modded the small end of 6 bolt rods to fit the 22mm wrist pins so they could hang the 2g/7bolt pistons.

All 1g/6 bolts came factory stock 21mm wrist pins

All 2g/7 bolts and the oddball 1g/7bolt came factory stock with 22mm wrist pins.

AFAIK, Eagle never made the cross over H beam rod. with the 6 bolt big end and the 7 bolt wrist pin.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts