The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

brake master cylinder?

turbohf

so it appears that my brake master cylinder is leaking. just added fluid to it again (the second time since buying it 2 years ago) so i looked around a little. and i have a trail down the booster of oily nastiness. i shot it with brake clean and it took the paint with it, so yeah, its brake fluid.

so real question is where should i be buying one from? just try another used one? or aftermarkets ok? place we get stuff from at work sells Centric parts. like this click

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

thanks

MellowVR4

This is a perfect time for the 3g master swap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

turbohf

got more info?

i would love to upgrade the brakes, as they dont inspire confidence at all. BUT. im kinda refusing to spend any more money on her cuz she is being a bitch. has a new/built motor with new everything, but doesnt behave right, and refuses to run on anything but stock ECU/MAFT... so thats all on hold until my buddy can help me trouble shoot the car/AEM EMS. and i have moved onto putting motor/money into my Integra as the previous owner put the the most torqueless motor on the planet in it...

89Mirageman

I have a few used 3g M/C's, I'd let one go for $32 shipped. These have the slightly larger 1-1/16" bore.

MellowVR4

Quoting turbohf:
got more info?

i would love to upgrade the brakes, as they dont inspire confidence at all. BUT. im kinda refusing to spend any more money on her cuz she is being a bitch. has a new/built motor with new everything, but doesnt behave right, and refuses to run on anything but stock ECU/MAFT... so thats all on hold until my buddy can help me trouble shoot the car/AEM EMS. and i have moved onto putting motor/money into my Integra as the previous owner put the the most torqueless motor on the planet in it...

Basically you get one from a 3g eclipse, get some adapter fitting that go from bubble metric to your standard excisting fittings. Or you can reflare the lines and just put bubble ends on them, you do have to fanese the lines a bit because the port are in different locations, but that no big deal. Also if you havent removed your ABS already please do so. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

prove_it

There was recent thread on the 3G master swap. I highly highly highly recommend it. With the stock brakes it was night and day. Pedal feel was way better. It's not a huge upgrade, but allows more fluid pressure with less pedal movement, which will give you more confidence.

Also once I went with the bigger outlander rotors, the swap made an even bigger difference. I can have my passengers eat dash easily now. Still have the abs, but de-activated.

turbohf

click
like that?

I can't find the specs on the thread pitch for either cylinder.

also looks like a couple people are just railing them in without an adapter without issue? im sure I'll have issue both ways...

MellowVR4

Yeah like those, but you need the end to be bubble flare, napa should have them.

turbohf

what threads?

MellowVR4

I used this part# 641-5026, m10x1.0 male with a female 3/8x24.

MellowVR4

For the adapter yea.

turbohf

MellowVR4

Yep

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting MellowVR4:
I used this part# 641-5026, m10x1.0 male with a female 3/8x24.

Why would you want to use a 3/8 thread for the female side when the vehicle uses 10x1.0? Both sides should be 10 x 1.0 thread.

MellowVR4

They dont sell one that is metric on both side, That's why I used that part#.

prove_it

and people gave me grief over just threading the factory line into the 3g. now your recommending cross threading metric to sae?

MellowVR4

Nooo, I put sae fitting on the lines and adapted that to the adapter!

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Perhaps that is pertinent information to provide when giving someone advice to use that fitting?

I'm sure someone sells a bubble/double flare adapter in the same thread. Autozone likely has them, but most workers there have no idea how to actually deal with brake line work. They have about 30 different brake fitting adapters they sell, including short lines. You have to ask them to go look at it for yourself if you know what you are doing.

turbohf

so back to the beginning...

i havent found a 10x1.0mm inverted to 10x1.0mm bubble fitting in my searching yet either. sounds simple enough... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned