The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

felpro 1354 intake gasket

mitsuturbo

So I was about to put the magnus on finally, but since I had to order sway bar end links I decided to make the shipping charges from Summit more worth my while and check out this other gasket. I already had the felpro ms94328 on hand, so why not compare the two while I can, right?

The 1354 is thicker, has a more "rubberized" feel to it, and just seems like it's made of a better/softer material. Since my SMIM flange is a couple thou out from perfectly flat, I'm thinking this is the better choice. Anybody else ever use this? Or even knew about it?

Last edited:

BogusSVO

The Fel-pro performance line of gaskets are typically a bit thicker, and have a better coating than the stock replacements.

It is probably die cut from material that they use for the domestic V8 intake gaskets.

They seal very well, and you will cuss if you ever have to remove it. It is like the coating bonds to the metal once they heat some heat on them.

G

Staff member
I can't believe it's listed @ 4 lbs >> click

prove_it

Must be embedded with gold.

mitsuturbo

It shipped in a huge box, actually. I can see why they list it like that.
The gaskets are fairly inexpensive. It's just best to order them along with other stuff to offset the cost of shipping/handling a bit, i think.

G

Staff member
Why would you want metal?

mitsuturbo

The stock intake manifold (from the factory) is metal. IDK if they're available from the dealer or if they only sell the paper type replacements. It's been a few years since i worked as a tech for the mitsu stealership.

prove_it

Quoting G:
Why would you want metal?

Metal won't leave PITA to clean off paper crap on the head. So swapping intakes is much much easier, and faster.

92_talon_awd

Quoting mitsuturbo:
The stock intake manifold (from the factory) is metal.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

tektic

Quoting tektic:
Does any aftermarket company make a metal one?

I want a metal one because every paper one I have ever taken out had failed.
MD188995 is factory 6 bolt metal
was asking about aftermarket

mitsuturbo

Quoting 92_talon_awd:
Quoting mitsuturbo:
The stock intake manifold (from the factory) is metal.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Haha.. DERP! Obviously i meant stock intake manifold GASKET.

mitsuturbo

Quoting tektic:
Quoting tektic:
Does any aftermarket company make a metal one?

I want a metal one because every paper one I have ever taken out had failed.
MD188995 is factory 6 bolt metal
was asking about aftermarket

I'm actually of the opinion that someone should make a copper crush gasket for the intake manifold, just like the ones I use on my exhaust parts. Of course, this is in direct opposition to the thought of "phenolic spacers" and "heat barrier" gaskets, but i'm sure it would seal like a mofo and never fail.

Maybe you should try this FelPro gasket i just got. They're reasonably priced and seem like they're a bit more durable than the standard replacement types.

tektic

I ordered a Nippon Reinz a few days ago. In the description it was metal but got paper. was kinda bummed. Ill look op some part numbers good to know they do actually sell a metal one. thanks

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts