The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

help subaru sound with honda power

MRmeeTooxD

Help. I have issues on the car again back then it was 2 injectors.I get up drive my car an she drives perfect. As I shut the car off for 3 -5minutes as soon as I start my car. Bamm it has the subaru spell going on along with putter feeling ,an no power. Oww an check engine light. Is it possible for injecters to go bad with in 4months again.? Help:'(

Kibby

In reference to parts going bad. When I bought my spec v new in 06, 3 months later the alt took a crap driving down the highway and didnt throw a battery light. Luckily it was morning dark and I noticed my headlights dimming dropped it off n it was replaced.
I got the bosch? (I think) brand injectors. They claimed more mpg which I didnt get. I bought them because my car was sputtering and found it to be a bad egr which I blocked off.

MRmeeTooxD

Well , thats weird see. Like my 4g63 doesnt have egr it has a block off plate . Everytime my car rest for over night she drives perfect again. But when I give her the 5min break thats when it drives like that. Im totally confused....

4Grim

Sounds like a power transistor...when those go out, sounds like a Suby Boxer.

G

Staff member
You sure you installed the right injectors?

strokin4dr

Quoting 4Grim:
Sounds like a power transistor...when those go out, sounds like a Suby Boxer.

+1
I've had a couple fail over the years.

mitsuturbo

The title of this thread alone sounds like you've got a burnt valve or a blown head gasket. But the description makes itsound like you're just not firing on 2 cylinders. Check the coil pack and check the injectors again.

Last edited:

MRmeeTooxD

yes the blue top stock injectors are the same ones in there. I had the car on an did the process of elimination strategy.. I unplugged every plug from the injector one by one, making sure to quickly plug um back in. Sure enough, the last injector towards far right did make a difference in sound it stood the same . Now either I try to source one out. Good thing I have goodies on there way so I can just upgrade to my evo injectors...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned