The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

14" afco uca too long?

tektic

Was on the alignment rack today and couldn't get it done. Had over q decry of positive camber with my 14" Afco upper control arms maxed out.

I guess I should order some 13" ones?

This hapen to anyone else?

mitsuturbo

I'm having trouble understanding what "q decry" means. However, i'm interested to see if anyone else has issues with the afco arms, since that's what i have now, although they're not installed yet.

tektic

"a degree" stupid phone spell check...

I'm at about +1.2 degrees on stock springs. Looking to be at -1 . Both rods are all the way in on both sides of the tube.

mitsuturbo

There's enough thread in those to actually cut the tube down a bit and still have it be fully functional, is there not?

mitsuturbo

I got that "q decry" was probably something in degrees, but wasn't sure if it was a number or what.

I'll check my tubes when i get home today and see if it would be possible to shorten them a little bit, if you're not sure. They're just sitting in a box right now, so probably easier for me to check mine than you checking yours.

tektic

That would be great thanks. I don't under stand this. everywhere I look people say get the 14" I got the set second hand new from 3sx or whatever. The 3kgt site. The bushings are the right size maybe the hemispherical joints are a different size? I don't know what the deal is but the cant get me in spec.

If I cut them will that reduce there strength? That's the whole point of Swedged isn't it? I dont know ... I'm asking.

mitsuturbo

I did. Actually. There's enough there I could easily take 1/4 inch off each end and still thread the ends all the way in.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned