The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

(RESOLVED) Part or full throttle causes rpm to bounce @1500 RPM

manikbastrd

So I was driving down the street to the gas station and I did a quick brake boost, and all of the sudden I lost power. I can start and Idle the car just fine and I can get one initial rev out of the motor when I start it, but other than that I just get the engine revving up to about 1500-200 then dropping then back up then down again. I checked my codes in link and I get 0014 which is Throttle position circuit malfunction...Link says that I am still getting .51-5.0 volts from the Throttle Position Sensor, and that reads as 0%-100%.

I don't know where to start or what to do. I disconnected my TPS and got the same symptoms, but the trouble code only comes up sometimes. So, I am really not sure if this is related or not. I also know that I have a slightly leaky throttlebody, and have a new one on the way already.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance
-Manik

Last edited:

manikbastrd

So, I adjusted my TPS to .63V at closed position, and switched to my FIC 750CC injectors, and heard my ISC(I think) clicking at some point in there...Now it runs fine...Any ideas?

prove_it

You say you have link? Post a log. It will be way easier to see what's going on.

G

Staff member
Wait? Brake boost with a 5 speed trans and awd vehicle?

BoostedAWD91

I had the same thing happen to me once going to work. Whether or not it actually was what caused it or not, but my catch can was full and after i drained it out, it ran fine again. Maybe it vapor locked /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Ill never know 100% for sure what it was, but it got me back on the road

MRmeeTooxD

I have the same issue that just started with me. I turn her on boom start perfect, right after like maybe 3 seconds. There it goes, it goes down to 500rpm from 1500 an stays at 500. Like some hotrod at idle. I tried to adjust Biss screw. But didn't work an it just tries to stay on.... I'm still new at trouble shooting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts