The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Non abs prop valve

G

Staff member
Dsm on the left, rs on the right. They look identical except for the numbers on the back. I'm wondering if the numbers correlate with the bias front and back?

Dsm = 43 & 44
RS = 81 & 31

DSC00629.jpg

coyotes

which of these would be better for big brakes? My buddy is parting out an Evo 8, I was thinking about picking up its calipers front and rear...

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Doubtful.

coyotes

Quoting coyotes:
which of these would be better for big brakes? My buddy is parting out an Evo 8, I was thinking about picking up its calipers front and rear...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

donkeylips

Well...the front to rear bias changes based on braking force.

It's not all about the brake setup on your car but also it's weight distribution. For example, the Galant GSX and non-ABS JDM GVR4 have the same prop. valve even though the brakes are different. And I believe the USDM GVR4 and 1GB ABS DSM have different prop. valves even though the brakes are the same. And that's also why it sucks that the GGSX prop. valve is NLA.

I always wondered if there was a way to ID those things. Not sure what the numbers mean and if they will help to ID them.

G

Staff member
What's the ggsx part #? I want to check if it's the same as the RS.

G

Staff member
All of those parts are nla except the following:

mb534829 e33a (fwd?) & d27a
mb534830 not sure what model this one is for

mb668771 not sure what model this one is for
mb699658 e37a & e39a

Not sure how to confirm if these are for non-abs though.

None of which are the same part # as the rs prop valve. Which we know is non-abs, non 4ws right? Does the rs have bigger brakes and master than e39a? These 4 are all over $100 each.
I'm sure the differences between all the models (1g dsm, usdm vr4, usdm ggsx, jdm rs)are related to the master cylinder type/ size.

Last edited:

coyotes

Quoting donkeylips:
Well...the front to rear bias changes based on braking force.

It's not all about the brake setup on your car but also it's weight distribution. For example, the Galant GSX and non-ABS JDM GVR4 have the same prop. valve even though the brakes are different. And I believe the USDM GVR4 and 1GB ABS DSM have different prop. valves even though the brakes are the same. And that's also why it sucks that the GGSX prop. valve is NLA.

I always wondered if there was a way to ID those things. Not sure what the numbers mean and if they will help to ID them.

Which is the best one to go with for running big brakes? What if I were to do evolution brembos on the back as well?

G

Staff member
I found the part numbers for a 1990 ggsx e38a.

MB618567
MB699656

Both are nla. What other years was the ggsx made?

G

Staff member
Anyone have the numbers from a stock pv? And a ggsx?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned