The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Showcase: Speed Density Auto-tuning VE map code

swe_gvr4_1991

Hi all!

Some of you know i write ECU code. Mostly i do stuff that may have considered hard to achive or down right impossible. And i test all my code on my own GVR4 before releasing it.

This time i will show you my auto-tuning code included in my clean speed density code for the 1G and GVR4 ECU's.
The code is capable to calculate the VE for the right amount of fuel needed. The tuning is almost done like on a MAF car, just set the desired AFR and go. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Rest is calculated in real-time by the code.

And yes the car feels almost magic compared to a hand tuned SD tune.

Here's the video:

SwD Closed Loop Auto-tuning Road test 1
click

Thanks for watching!

Edit: Sign up at www.dsmecu.com to keep up with latest development in the stock ECU department, learn more about heavy tuning topics, etc.

PS. I hope the mods and admins at this board wont mind me posting the link to another forum.

Last edited:

manikbastrd

That is awesome...also, you are out of gas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

swe_gvr4_1991

Thanks!

Yeah idling in the garage does that to my fuel economy. :/
(What i mean testing in cold weather drinks alot of gas, fast.)

Last edited:

tektic

Your making it very difficult for me to continue to want this maf in my car.

Brilliant!

presterone

So let me get this right instead of the equation new ve:eek:ld ve x (old AFR/desired AFR) you can just enter in your new desired AFR?

swe_gvr4_1991

Yes sir that is correct. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The code does all the dirty work of calculating the VE and required fuel to achive the desired AFR.

After the code has done around 10-15 seconds of total time calculating a cells value it's in most cases spot on.
So just set the AFR's you want in the AFR map and take a drive and the code populates the new VE map.

Tuning a SD setup just like it was running a MAF. It's that stable.

presterone

This is really slick I like the Map tracer you created all this? Thats impressive.

swe_gvr4_1991

Thanks guys!

Yes a widebands is a absoulte must for this to work.
The code runs on a bone stock ECU with a Ostrich eprom emulator.

I did not create TunerPro, Mark Mansur did. That program is so awesome i don't even know where to begin... It's not as easy to setup as ECMlink, but it's just as powerful and even more so in many areas.
One must keep in mind, TunerPro does no tuning for you. It's just a front end for your tune and BIN file. But the rest of the code i have written, yes.

Here is a new video showing some real business. I take the signal from the throttle and feed it's values into the Ostrich. At real-time. This means that i can move on and take the newly calculated VE value and feed that to the Ostrich which holds the tune. This will work without TunerPro. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Further down the road i am planning on including the full auto-tuning closed loop and auto-mapping code in my Android logger app.
This will mean that you will most certainly just tune in you AFR and go. Even in boost at closed loop. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Video: click

Thanks for watching!

(There are some evil thoughts in my head saying i should do a auto-tuner for timing too...)

presterone

I have an ostrich 2.0 keyspan USB adapter running dsmap software with a shitty laptop. I have a tablet running droid software it would be awesome to be able to log with my tablet.

presterone

Just looked on the tunerpro website I'm thinking of trying this out. Downloading the file on a different computer. I have a keyspan USB adapter and I believe everything to run it. I just dont know if my ecu has a different EPROM or not ? Or is that what the ostrich if for realtime tuning with a factory e prom?

swe_gvr4_1991

Quoting presterone:
I have an ostrich 2.0 keyspan USB adapter running dsmap software with a shitty laptop. I have a tablet running droid software it would be awesome to be able to log with my tablet.

The generic Bluetooth Android logger is already out there for stock ECU. Check the Google play store. I have not written that software. And it requires a special ALDL to BT adapter.
I will also have a much cleaner high speed logger app for Android this spring. It will use cheap DIY hardware. Too many projects still...

Quoting presterone:
Just looked on the tunerpro website I'm thinking of trying this out. Downloading the file on a different computer. I have a keyspan USB adapter and I believe everything to run it. I just dont know if my ecu has a different EPROM or not ? Or is that what the ostrich if for realtime tuning with a factory e prom?

Your ECU will have the dsmap software as you mentioned, and it's based on the E931 base code. So it should work.
If you just have a logger cable you are able to log in TP RT. I don't think curtis will be happy to hear you using TP with his software though...
Last time i looked at the dsmap software it was free, but now curtis has closed the software and has prohibited it to be used with TP.

I refuse to have anything to do with that software, sorry. All dev questions you must take up with curtis.

My own Swede Density is so much more powerful, and it's free.
It's really the next generation in speed density for the stock ECU.

Hope this helps.

swe_gvr4_1991

The auto-tuner is not yet released. I have to do some more testing with my stand alone app.

But how to get SwD is very clear in my videos. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

mitsu90

Got a copy of SwD from my tuner. He has been talking about it for awhile. Definitely interested in the atuo tuner when it's released.

mitsu90

Zach Reliford. Goes by the screen name standard. Don't believe he's on here. But he is on dsmecu.com

swe_gvr4_1991

No user by the name standard on DSMECU...
So did you use it on your car?

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned