The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

fuel filter

BpuVR4

if i remember correctly it should be on the firewall on the passenger side. careful not to strip the fittings, if it's the first time i'd spray her down and use the special flare wrench to not round the nut. Previous owner screwed it up, and I couldn't turn the nut. I ended up gripping it super tight with a good pair of channel locks and used a pipe wedged against the tb to crack her open. Im sure more seasoned vets can chime in.

Last edited:

MellowVR4

If the nut still dont turn, you might have to cut the line and then remove it, and put a compression fitting their when you put it back together.

snailspool

IIRC you will need 19 and 17mm wrenches to break the line loose on top, and i believe its a 14mm on the inlet, but like it has been said, use a flare style if possible.

Also, break loose the inlet and outlet first, before undoing any mounts, while still using proper support via the wrench on the fuel filter so it doesnt rotate.

Take your time as boogering up the fittings will cost a lot more time in the end than setting it up securely.

diambo4life

It should just break loose. If you see your wrench moving slowly...you are rounding the nut off...stop! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Good tips above.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned