The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Motor swap without Disconnecting A/C

manikbastrd

Hey all,
Has anyone done a motor swap without disconnecting the A/C lines? I don't want to empty/depressurize the system, but have never done a motor without disconnecting it all. I am not doing this any time soon or anything, just curious if anyone has done this.
Thanks!

theevozero

Yes, just unbolt the compressor from the bracket and set it on the subframe. I usually zip tie it up out of the way.

turbohf

yup. what that guy said. worked great.

IncorpoRatedX

Quoting theevozero:
Yes, just unbolt the compressor from the bracket and set it on the subframe. I usually zip tie it up out of the way.

^ This, but i used a little bungie cord /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

manikbastrd

Sounds good guys! Thanks for the suggestions...I think she is still on R-12 which I am under the impression that it works a lot better...I know I will have to convert to 134, but don't want to until I have to haha

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Bungee here too. Have done this numerous times.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned