The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Flow Numbers

snailspool

So much Data! Thanks for posting!

manikbastrd

That's awesome! seems like it justifies using a 2G head, if you do the same work to both. A ported 1mm over 1g head was almost the same as a ported 2g, not to mention if you overbore the valves on the 2g head. Correct me if I am wrong please!

Thanks for the resource!

donniekak

The Polk level 4 1g head flows 350cfm! The ported 2g heads, and evo heads don't come close.

Last edited:

bigblock4g63

I love the POLK Head. RIP Brother

Just another thing to remember is flow numbers dont mean sh*t if you dont get the right Port Job/ Level Head for what your doing.

also some guys you use flow tubes to get more from a head or use rad plate

bigblock4g63

like this one made by Control Flow Porting. This is a early 1.6 4G

curtis

Flow Benches are like dynos.....numbers can be altered

Cool you posted this and cool all this was complied at one spot but every bench is a little different, temp and barometric pressure of the day tested etc etc all come into play. Real truth is the before and after using the same head on the same bench. Hell Chris Beran as far as I know still has the HP/mph record with his heads on Mike's Evo and he built his own bench....sorry want give up his secrets but its built from scratch. Damn I need to call him one day. Anyway its all about the area under the curve, If you plot all the numbers on a graph and look at the mid lift numbers instead of top flow a head with more area under the curve makes for a faster car....period. Each cyc;e the valves are closed once and open once but pass through the mid lift numbers twice. Always look at those numbers and pay attention to the top lift number advertized. Lots of places advertize their .600 or .700 lift numbers but if your car has a .500 lift cam .6 and .7 mean about squat sh*t.

Now before I open up the 1g head vs 2g head debacle I'll shut up about the little port boat anchor pos heads. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned