The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Please Help, Open door tone drives me crazy..

uncleben4rice

Where is that sound coming from when the key is in and the door is open. Im gonna shoot it when I find it.

turbohf

it comes from HVAC piece/area. think its right below the hazard button. you will see some little slats. pull that piece out, unplug that annoying little bastard. was one of the first things i did (and the belts).

turbohf

41805-0-0-0.jpg

south west of the boost gauge. 5 little slats. the noise comes from there! (probably shouldnt shoot it though)

turbohf

oh, sorry. not my picture. i googled "galant hvac" and clicked on images, picture/thread was on this forum. i closed the tab before i realized the panel was that modified.

G

Staff member
Tighten the oil filter.

Olson

Quote:
Tighten the oil filter.

haha that made my day. Love ya uncle

EfiniX

Quoting turbohf:
it comes from HVAC piece/area. think its right below the hazard button. you will see some little slats. pull that piece out, unplug that annoying little bastard. was one of the first things i did (and the belts).

Wouldn't it be easier to disconnect the switch? I did this with my Ridgeline. The pro-tip here is to make sure after you pull the wire out (just a single ground functioning in the same way as the horn switch), use some tape to tape the wire to the back of the switch. That, or build a little hook out of a paperclip and tape the wire to that. This spares you from doing exploratory needle-nosed wire retrieval when (not if) the wire falls back into the frame.

Of course the obvious drawback to this method is that you lose your automatic cabin light when opening the door, but if you can live with that (I can), then it's easier (both to do and undo) then digging for the dinger.

Last edited:

curtis

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
Not to thread jack, but how did you relocate your HVAC controls to the radio area? Is that an OEM piece?

Thats a 3rd gen piece. Do a search its has its own thread around here somewhere

uncleben4rice

Quoting Olson:
Quote:
Tighten the oil filter.

haha that made my day. Love ya uncle

Olson, I cant wait till we kick it again. 654 is running hard right now.

Thanks Guys

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned