The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1g dsm engine harness in a GVR4. (Auto swap?)

89Mirageman

I've never done this swap but I do know that the connectors where the engine harness meets the dash harness are completely different between the 1g dsm and the GVR4. I'm sure most of the wires are the same color but that's about it. Also there will be some things under the hood in different places that will not match up, the ac switches for one. If someone was willing to go through the manuals and do the necessary modifications it could be made to work though. I personally think it would be easier to add the TCU wiring to the GVR4 engine harness. Or find a Galant GS or GSX engine harness with an automatic and add the needed wires for the turbo ECU.

Last edited:

dsmless

Im currently doing this swap, have been away from home due to work but have spliced the dsm auto harness into the galant harness. Its a pain not gonna lie. I still have to see were some wires go off the biggest plug will post pics of it see if I can get some guidence
click

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts