The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Muffler

prove_it

Anyone heard of these mufflers:
Aero Turbine muffler

Been shopping for a custom 3" exhaust that's stupid quiet, saw this and was wondering what the gurus think.

AnotherNewb

Never heard of these, I don't see it being that much quiter. Have you thought of getting the best of both worlds and trying a varax muffler?

Not on a VR4, but I ininstalled e on my friends truck. At idle it is slightly louder than stock. WOT has a nice deep tone. He bought the one with the built in resonator. You can get them without, but if you are going for quiet get the xl model. It sounds great but is louder than stock.

4thStroke

A couple of our shop cars have the Aero Turbine muffler. They are ungodly loud. They flow exceptionally well, but you might as well skip the muffler and run it straight piped.

transparentdsm

Check out the dynamax vt muffler. I have a 3 inch straight pipe to this and at idle and cruising it doesn't have a drone, on long trips its really nice. WOT has a nice sound to it as well. Almost like just a resonator is on it. If you have a cat i would imagine you wouldnt hear much.

bmxr152

Another good muffler is the vibrant 3" with dual tips. I run it in the winter when i have to do morning warm ups.

Racah15

Quoting prove_it:
Anyone heard of these mufflers:
Aero Turbine muffler

Been shopping for a custom 3" exhaust that's stupid quiet, saw this and was wondering what the gurus think.

Had one on my 2g. Very quite, very nice. Don't know about restriction since I never got to give it any potential before I sold it.

Aero Turbine does work mostly for v8s. So the tone isn't sacrificed. I liked it. I'd recommend it.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts