The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Need a basemap!

cyhm

Hey guys,
I've got a bunch of parts waiting to go into my gvr4 that I just picked up, but I need a basemap to get me around until I get to my tuner (I daily drive this car). The modlist will be as follows:
PTE 680cc Injectors
Walbro 255
FP Hta68
DSMLink v2.5
2g Mas and Dejon Intake Non-Recirculated (Unfortunately... only using atmospheric dump because I got it for free)
1g Bov
Hallman ES MBC
STM Open Dump O2 Housing
Stock o2 housing back exhaust
Innovate LC-1 Wideband (Currently uninstalled. Need to have a bung welded into stock downpipe, so logs WB logs currently aren't available /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif)

If anyone has anything that would atleast somewhat work for me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:

transparentdsm

drop the 2g mas and go with S/D or a MAFT. it will run ok but still crappy if you have the BOV venting and the mas before the turbo.

prove_it

Which maps are you talking about? Post your ecmlive save file and your ecm direct access files and I can get you setup for a running car.

No matter what, you'll want to keep your boost at WG pressure.

cyhm

I can easily just stick with the stock 1g maf, but I just figured I'd switch over to the 2g mas since I have it laying around. I'm not really keen on the idea of venting the bov, but I already have a dejon 2g mas conversion pipe with no recirc fitting. I don't have all of the mods above in the car yet. I was just trying to find a map to get it running safely before I put everything in as it may be a couple weeks before I get out to my tuner. I have no intentions of running above WG pressure before tuning, but I still wanted to give a thorough mod list in case someone had a similar setup.

Edit: I also don't believe I have the direct access capability because I have link v2.5 not v3.

Last edited:

prove_it

Don't vent to atmosphere. You'll get punched in the face. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Forgot your on V2.5. I'd pony up for V3, the upgrade is around 150 bucks and is a huge improvement. Way, way way, better controls. Basically you'll just need to adjust the fuel for your injectors and use the timing sliders to change it to 2G timing.

2G timing in a 1G

That should get you up and running enough to meet up with the tuner. Just don't go racing it.

cyhm

Well if I decide not to vent the bov to avoid being flamed and stalling at stop lights lol, I'll be stuck with the 1g maf until I get my hands on a different dejon tool pipe. So I suppose all that needs altering is fuel compensation for the larger injectors to get her running? I may eventually upgrade to the v3, but my goals are rather low, especially for the turbo I have (Got a good deal and it gives me lots of room to move up in the future, and the v2.5 came with the car.

prove_it

You said you have a 68hta. Your aware you can get up to 52-55lbs/min out of it right? It looks small but there are people making 450whp on them.

I wouldn't consider that a low goal.

I'll trade you my 16G for it..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cyhm

I'm aware of what the little thing is capable of /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif That's why I said my goals are low for the turbo I am running lol. I am only shooting for low 300s to the wheels, so yes, it is a bit overkill, but it leaves me with some room to move in the future. I also have a small 16g, but it is a bit less than what I'm looking for. I was planning on converting it to a bastard 20g, but got a great deal on the hta.

prove_it

Ok, makes more sense. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of deal did you get? I've been watching for one. Seems like no one whats to sell theirs though.

cyhm

I got the hta with minimal shaftplay and the 680s for $650, but it was from a friend locally who just blew up his 2g. Yeah, brand new they're expensive and I haven't seen many for sale used either.

prove_it

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif That's a damn steal!!!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts