The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2G maf part

prove_it

I was wondering if all the 2g Maf's are the same. I see ones labeled 605, 553, etc. Is there a certain one that's best or does it matter?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
The most common is the 609. They do all vary, including bore size, max flow capacity, and output range.

prove_it

So which numbers are the good ones to have?

CutlassJim

The 609 I'm pretty sure is the "best" one. It's SUPER plentiful and reads steady up to 52ish lbs/min.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Nice of Jeff to keep that up. He and I worked on that project for a while to establish that conversion as the latest and greatest for maf equipped cars at the time. He supplied the genius and I helped with the rest /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. I still run 482s on both my cars and those are the adapter harnesses I sell.

89Mirageman

My mighty max had a 182 maf on it which looks pretty much like a 2g 609. I swapped them out one time and it ran like crap so I know for sure there are slight differences. My buddy ran a 605 from a Diamante in his 1g but I'm sure he had ways to adjust for the extra airflow. He told me they were about the same as the 609 but I'm not sure.

Last edited:

prove_it

Thanks guys, I'll be scavenging the salvage yard for parts next weekend and I wanted to make sure I get the good ones.

CutlassJim

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
The Eclipse GTS #482 MAS, or the Evo #399 MAS flow the best.

Best Factory MAS Upgrades

I meant the 609 was the highest flowing of that style of MAF's. The newer ones are good to 65 lbs/min

GSTwithPSI

Right. I wasn't trying to say you were wrong, just throwing that link up since I found it helpful when I was researching the same question myself.

prove_it

It would be nice to find a chart. I'm surprised I can't find anything like that.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts