The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Oil Port Mod #2 Or Fitting a 2g head on a 6 bolt block

BogusSVO

Oil port mod #2 for 4G63T
The head is a 2g head going on a 1g 6 Bolt short block.

This head has had oil port mod 1 done.

click

The head bolt holes have been reamed for the 1g head studs. To prevent any issues with oiling issues in the head, I have reamed the bolt hole that is in the path of oil flow to .500 the bolt hole was .470 the ARP head stud being used is .465 Leaving only appox. .005 total or .0025 clearance on either side around the head stud. I feel the addition .030 will alleviates any problem with oil into the head.

DSCF4002.jpg

All ten head bolt holes need to be enlarged to .500

vr4play

When we did my head we opened up all of the holes up to the stock 6 bolt size and the oil feed hole was made 0.500" up to just above the oil galley. It seems to be working fine so far. I also have undercut studs so I probably have a tone of flow to the head. I am eventually going to get some L19 headstuds so I'm sure I'll need the extra clearance. I have been thinking of getting the Magnus oil regulator for the lifters to try and keep some of the extra oil from collecting in the head. I worry about that when doing track days and having the revs up for long periods of time. Whats everyone's opinion on that piece?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned