The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Am i over reacting? PTE Injector Cleaning!

turbophein

update: these were sent to PTE, and i still have not had them properly cleaned again yet... 9-29-13

so i sent my new to me used 1000cc injectors into a reputable vendor(will remain nameless for now) to be cleaned and tested, new o-rings caps etc. whatever they needed. ok so i pay the bill and get them back today.

opened the package and what do i find... all 4 of my "just as dirty as when they left injectors" sitting in 1 bag full of o-ring assembly oil, totally exposed to all the grime and grit!!! no caps or covers just wide open. i understand they are cleaning the flow of the injectors but really you can't throw them in a ultrasonic bath or something?? does that mean all there equipment is dirty also? i mean there connectors, etc have to be contaminated with this grime from my injectors. i am just so thrown off that a company would ship something out like that.

i called them and they said they would never ship dirty injectors and then they said a minute later that they don't clean the injectors on the outside, or that they don't cap them either. then she agreed with me that it makes no sense to ship clean exposed injectors that are dirty... i am suppose to be getting a call back, we will see.

So am i over reacting? there is definitely debris in the nozzle in and out, can i probably just hit it with a quick blast of carb cleaner, sure, is that the point no...

Last edited:

strokin4dr

It would be nice to know which shop this is and how they handle it.
Not acceptable IMO.

I had a set sent out to FIC and cleaned a month ago, but haven't opened them up yet to check them out. I will take a look at them tonight though!

turbophein

FYI: FIC cleaned my last pair and did a great job. they came capped which was great to cap off my stock injectors. these were not sent to FIC

gvr4ever

Did they come with any paperwork? Before and after flow rates?

galantrevolution

I send my starion injector to get clean here in Vegas the guy call me and he said you got the wrong injectors for the car and there not flowing, the I will need new ones he give me the flow chart before and after it doesn't look like the work on it the number weren't close to the injectors flow, I just not going to use his service anymore. Plus he give the injectors on a bag with out seals and dirty be he said the were clean.

SleepinGVR4

I also had FIC clean and flow test my 850s a couple of months ago because I thought I was having problem with them. They came back looking great with a new flow chart. And they said if I was still having problems with them they would send me a new set at half price.

I never had to take them up on their offer but that was still a good deal.

prove_it

No, you are not overreacting. You paid to have clean injectors, and if there is debris in the screen then I would doubt how well they cleaned them.

misterfixit

It is for this reason i called out Bogus svo, as as far as I can see most of his processes would garuntee to produce a result like this.

I would name and shame the supposed 'reputable' seller. It's what this community is for.. to talk car guy stuff and what. is and what isn't.

Rich

Quoting turbophein:
so i sent my new to me used 1000cc injectors into a reputable vendor(will remain nameless for now) to be cleaned and tested, new o-rings caps etc. whatever they needed. ok so i pay the bill and get them back today.

opened the package and what do i find... all 4 of my "just as dirty as when they left injectors" sitting in the same bag full of o-ring assembly oil, totally exposed to all the grime and grit!!! no caps or covers just wide open. i understand they are cleaning the flow of the injectors but really you can throw them in a ultrasonic bath or something?? does that mean all there equipment is dirty also? i mean there connectors, etc have to be contaminated with this grime from my injectors. i am just so thrown off that a company would ship something out like that.

i called them and they said they would never ship dirty injectors and then they said a minute later that they don't clean the injectors on the outside, or that they don't cap them either. then she agreed with me that it makes no sense to ship clean exposed injectors that are dirty... i am suppose to be getting a call back, we will see.

So am i over reacting? there is definitely debris in the nozzle in and out, can i probably just hit it with a quick blast of carb cleaner, sure, is that the point no...

mitsuturbo

Make sure those freshly cleaned injectors have NEW filter baskets. If they don't, then i'd doubt they were properly cleaned at all.

turbophein

Update:

thank guys for clarifying that i am not crazy, lol

they called me back the next day and said i can send them back to be cleaned again. they were suppose to have UPS pick them up yesterday. the box was sitting outside all day ready for pick up, brought it back in when i left at 5pm, same with today so far.

also no filter baskets, i only go the old o-rings.

not sure how i feel about sending them my injectors either. who knows how they will fix the situation. sorta like complaining at a fast food joint and sending your food back.... is it really worth it. i'm not sure how i want to handle this yet.

flow chart

1 2 3 4
before 85.1 86.8 85.6 87.3
after 85.3 86.4 85.6 87.3

Last edited:

prove_it

one injector lost .2 after cleaning? odd.

I would like to know the name of this place, not so I can avoid forever, but to at least be cautious. The guy cleaning them could have had a massive hangover and failed, hard to condemn a place with just one bad story.

turbophein

Precision Turbo and Engines. (PTE) is where these were sent. they were 1000cc PTE injectors so i figured its best to sent them to PTE for cleaning instead of the normal FIC.

transparentdsm

wow PTE did this? i wouldn't think they would be so lazy. thanks for the info ill be staying away from there cleaning services.

James

I won stay away... But i will be more cautious

curtis

Man this is probably due to the way things happen after a business grows to such a huge level, you lose the one on one that owns the place and your just talking to a worker ant. I guarantee if you send an email to Harry Hruska through the website or to his facebook things will get fixed..... done properly and sent back with new caps installed as well and it will never happen again because he grew the business from nothing and he's a straight up car guy.

turbophein

so i took your advice and messaged harry on facebook and linked him to this thread. when he contacts me i will ask about the filter baskets and there normal cleaning routine for these injectors.

thanks for the help guys.

James

Update?

turbophein

Quoting James:
Update?

i haven't heard anything from them or the facebook message. i have also been to busy to call them during there business hours, nickels holding up dollars, so work comes first at the moment. its sad really, not sure what is going on.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned