The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Front engine mount support

GEDengineering

Well I removed the front engine mount support ( the one that runs parallel with the engine)and both the bolts broke when I removed them (snapped in two pieces) their is still a piece of the bolt on both sides in the unibody rails

My question is has this happened to people before and if so what have you done to replace the bolts

Thank you
GED

tektic

You can look up the part number on caps or at the dealership and order a factory bolt, but any grade 8 or above bolt in the same size should from your local hardware store should be fine.

Now getting the broken ones out of your car... there in lies the problem.

GEDengineering

Do you know whether it is a stud that screws into the frame rail of the uni body or is it welded in

Do you have an exploxed diagram of that section of the car

Thank you
GED

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned